Hortense, when I think
Hortense died last week. Unexceptional and even quite normal for a woman of 96 years with a fairly advanced Alzheimer's disease.
The last time I saw her, it's four o'clock in the morning. She sits on his bed, chanting "I choke, I choke! . She sees me, she smiled and exclaimed: "But it was Dr. V. ! So I'm saved! "Even at four in the morning, head in the bag, it feels good! When I left, she was better, but that did not prevent her from dying a few days later.
In recent years, the disease made its way. Departure to the nursing home has been delayed as long as possible, but she lived alone and the entourage was increasingly worried. Even the mayor of the village came to tell me.
She often told me: "Ah! I lose my head. I am "déciboulée. And the safety of joining the last renewal of its "100%" a guide "for the patient" to explain his illness. It made me laugh. Long ago she no longer knows where she is. It was all the more touching that she would recognize me.
took me a long time to appreciate this woman. She did not have his tongue in his pocket and what I took for aggression was in fact his usual mode of communication. Like, "You can do nothing for my rheumatism! You use what then? "
After a few years, I'm hooked and I answered in the same tone. When we had a witness, she added more, giving dialogues quite amazing.
One day she gets hit on a crosswalk by a van, just a little shock on the leg that caused him to lose balance. The driver, very nice and very bored, take her home and called the doctor. On my arrival, I quickly realized that there had been more de peur que de mal, mais elle avait décidé de "chambrer" son écraseur.
- Quand on ne sait pas conduire on reste chez soi ! Vous auriez pu me tuer. Vous devriez faire attention, tout de même.
Je lui dis qu'elle n'a pas grand chose et qu'il a été bien gentil de la ramener.
- Ah bon ! Vous auriez préféré qu'il m'écrase ?
- Ah non ! Je tiens à mes clients, j'ai mes impôts à payer !
- Si vous leur parlez comme ça, vous allez avoir du mal à les garder.
Au chauffeur qui faisait mine de repartir :
- Et l'autre qui s'enfuit maintenant. On est pas aidé quand on est une petite vieille !
Elle se tourne vers moi :
- And you want more than I pay you while you did nothing. You have a beautiful job! You enjoy the misery of the world.
- Yes! Besides, I will ask this gentleman to go down two or three other little old to round my end of the month.
- Driving as he drives, it will not be too difficult!
That's when the driver realized it was the theater and began to breathe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment